At Fazioli Concert Hall the curtain on the XV concert series rises with a recital by the eminent and highly acclaimed chinese pianist Sa Chen.
Acclaimed for her evocative playing and nominated amongst the “Top-Ten Chinese Pianists” by French magazine “L’Officiel”, Sa Chen saw her career intensify following three awards in a short period from leading international piano competitions. Having caught the attention of judges at the Leeds Competition in 1996, at just 16 years of age, she came fourth in the “Chopin” competition in Warsaw in 2000, also receiving the “Chopin Art Passport” for the astounding depth of her interpretations. Her fame reached new heights when she won the Crystal Award at the “Van Cliburn” in Texas, in 2005. Growing up in a family of artists, Sa Chen began studying in her hometown before continuing in Europe with a scholarship, graduating under Joan Havill from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London and completing a master’s at Hannover’s Hochschule under the guidance of Arie Vardi in 2007. Sought after by the most prestigious international concert seasons and festivals, Sa Chen is also active in the world of chamber music and in the studio. Her album Memories Lost was widely celebrated by critics as the most interesting project focused on contemporary Chinese music.
… she can be listed among the great Chopin interpreters
Music Weekly, The Guardian
FRYDERYK CHOPIN (Żelazowa Wola, 1810 – Parigi, 1849)
1. in si bemolle minore, op. 9 n. 1
2. in mi bemolle maggiore, op. 9 n. 2
3. in si maggiore, op. 9 n. 3
4. in fa maggiore, op. 15 n. 1
5. in fa diesis maggiore, op. 15 n. 2
6. in sol minore, op. 15 n. 3
7. in do diesis minore, op. 27 n. 1
8. in re bemolle maggiore, op. 27 n. 2
9. in si maggiore, op. 32 n. 1
10. in la bemolle maggiore, op. 32 n. 2
11. in sol minore, op. 37 n. 1
12. in sol maggiore, op. 37 n. 2
13. in do minore, op. 48 n. 1
14. in fa diesis minore, op. 48 n. 2
15. in fa minore, op. 55 n. 1
16. in mi bemolle maggiore, op. 55 n. 2
17. in si maggiore, op. 62 n. 1
18. in mi maggiore, op. 62 n. 2
19. in mi minore, op. post. 72 n. 1
20. in do diesis minore, op. post.
21. in do minore, op. post.