By Roberto Calabretto
After being the last pupil of the legendary Heinrich Neuhaus for a few but significant months, Boris Petrushansky trained in his native Moscow under the guidance of Lev Naumov, Neuhaus’s assistant and faithful standard-bearer of that great “Russian School” that shaped Gilles, Richter and Lupu. Between 1969 and 1975, he won the most prestigious international competitions – Leeds, Munich, Moscow, Terni – seeing the doors of an intense concert career open wide. Professor at the Moscow Conservatory from 1975 to 1979, Petrushansky is regularly invited to give masterclasses worldwide. He is famous for being one of the “pillars” of the teaching staff of the Incontri col Maestro di Imola Academy. His return to the Fazioli Concert Hall is marked by two cornerstones of the piano repertoire, which through their respective musical miniatures cover a rich variety of expressive and colouristic universes.
… a formidably agile and robust player, with a wide range of colour and attack at his disposal.
David Fanning, Gramophone
(Zwickau, 1810 – Endenich, 1856)
Davidsbündlertänze (Danze dei Seguaci di Davide), Op. 6
MODEST PETROVIČ MUSORGSKIJ
(Karevo, 1839 – San Pietroburgo, 1881)
Quadri da un’esposizione – Ricordo di Viktor Hartmann